Breathing pauses can last from a few seconds to minutes. They often occur 5 to 30 times or more an hour. Typically, normal breathing then starts again, sometimes with a loud snort or choking sound.
Sleep apnea usually is a chronic (ongoing) condition that disrupts your sleep 3 or more nights each week. You often move out of deep sleep and into light sleep when your breathing pauses or becomes shallow.
This results in poor sleep quality that makes you tired during the day. Sleep apnea is one of the leading causes of excessive daytime sleepiness.
Advantages of using the SomnoDent® MAS Comfort
96% of patients with proven OSA stated they would like to continue to use the SomnoDent® MAS.
The SomnoDent®MAS is a highly effective solution, for the majority of patients suffering from Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Its exceptional levels of patient acceptance and compliance as well as treatment efficacy are backed by a large body of
91% of patients reported substantial improvement in sleep quality with the SomnoDent® MAS. 1
More Advantages of the SomnoDent® MAS
- Travels well
- Sleep free from attachments
- Speak and drink while in use
- Makes NO noise
- Does not requires electricity
- No cumbersome head gear
- No consumable parts to replace
- Does not limit sleep positions
1. Mehta A, et al: A Randomized, Controlled Study of a Mandibular Advancement Splints for Obstructive Sleep Apnoea. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2001; 163: 1457- 1461
To learn more, click here.